Kallisto Stairs, the precast concrete helical staircase division of Milbank Concrete Products, offers customers an exclusive full service package, tailored to suit the individual needs of domestic and commercial developments.
Fabricated off-site and delivered in one piece, delivery is scheduled enabling the build to move forward efficiently and cost effectively, with minimum disruption on site. This also allows for instant access to upper floors for follow on trades, so that the project schedule can continue without delay. The ability to manufacture off-site and the adaptability of the moulds both contribute to a highly cost-effective staircase solution for even the most elaborate designs.
Bringing an element of sophistication and elegance, precast concrete curved stairs by Kallisto offer a versatile alternative to other traditional materials such as timber or steel. Resilient, solid and durable, our stairs can be attractively finished in a material best suited to the individual style and character of a development.
Working closely with architects, engineers and designers our stunning and durable helical staircases have been commissioned for installations in some of the most prestigious developments in the UK. Kallisto Stairs create that all-important wow-factor and are a must-have addition to any luxury development.
We believe we are the only company in the UK that can provide precast concrete curved staircases as economically as possible. By offering an unparalleled service from the design stage through to manufacture, delivery and installation, we ensure that our client’s expectations are exceeded every single time whilst keeping production costs to a minimum.
“Stairs are often the first feature on show when entering a building and have the potential to create a dramatic visual impact. A beautifully designed staircase can transform a fairly standard development and now by using our innovative, bespoke mould, this transformation is highly affordable”, says Andy Mayne, Milbank Managing Director.
Setting aesthetics aside, there are also a number of practical reasons why utilising concrete stairs by Kallisto can prove superior to more traditional methods, the main one being its strength and reliability. Addressing the issue of sound transfer, which can often be associated with other frameworks, concrete stairs by Kallisto also offer thermal stability. This, as a result, saves energy and produces a better indoor environment for the building’s owners and inhabitants.
The benefits of choosing precast…
Using our precast concrete staircases comes with a range of advantages including:
- Installation: Our staircases can be installed in less than a day and often at the same time as the structural flooring.
- Safety: Fire resistant and steel reinforced, our staircases provide an immediate working platform and can be used as soon as they are installed, allowing access to upper floors for continuous works on site.
- Quality: Using a flexible steel formwork system enables our precast stairs to be made accurately, efficiently and to a high standard of quality.
- Finish: Our staircases are generally cast inverted on steel pallets, with a hand-trowelled soffit. The finish of these flights complies with NSCS standard specifications. On completion of installation, other trades can be used to finish your stair in a material of your choice such as marble, stone or timber.
- Price: Our staircases are considerably cheaper than traditional stairs cast insitu on site due to the efficiencies we have within a factory environment.
Kallisto Stairs is a division of Milbank Concrete Products. Milbank have a trading history spanning more than 70 years and are one of the UK’s leading manufacturers of precast concrete products with a focus on exceptional customer service. Throughout the design, manufacture, delivery and installation stages, they offer the most comprehensive service providing a range of products including; balconies, beam & block flooring, bespoke products, silage clamps, ground beams, hollowcore flooring, insulated flooring, helical stairs, sea defences, stairs & landings and stadia products.
Want to find out more about Kallisto or have a question for our team? Feel free to call us on 01787 220 564 or alternatively, click the link below to visit our website.
For more information on Milbank Concrete Products, please click on the link provided below to be directed to their website.